This event is much more that just an ocassion to take a part in organized photo sessions. With 10 years experience of running variety of workshops , I would like to invite you for my Equine Photography Masterclass Poland 2023.. Let me host you at my family stud Stajnia Podolin - a breeding farm of magical Gypsy Cob horses, located in the heart of the oldest European mountains, Owl Mountains, in the town of Pieszyce - 1 hour drive south of Wroclaw.
This Masterclass is an exclusive and intensive four-day program that covers a quality equine photography workshop, many hours of theory lessons, various photo-session scenarios and post-processing classes, combined with a family atmosphere and lots of fun.
Here I will help you obtain all of the necessary skills to take amazing equine portraits and action-shots in natural, unique and difficult locations. Working with a intimate group of passionates and professionals photographers who want to broaden their knowledge in equine photography, we will be covering everything from the basics to advanced topics where I will share with you all of our tricks, tips and skills and help you make YOUR photography better than ever!!!
Autumn in Polish mountains is a magical time. The light in the mornings and evenings is truly enchanting, and golden colors that envelop the landscape are breathtaking.
During photo-sessions we will work with exciting range of equine models of different sizes and colours. Our main models will be extraordinary Gypsy horses, whose long manes set the rhythm in the pictures, the feather catches the softest light, various colors and markings make them unique, and a gentle eye attracts photographer's lens. Beside them, we will photograph also other very photogenic breeds. From sunrises to sunsets we will capture horses in motion at liberty in open space, portraits on variety of backdrops, play with light and special effects.
MASTERCLASS PROGRAM:Thursday 19th October
- Pick up from city of Wrocław (noon)
- Accommodation of participants in a guest house
- Welcome meal
- THEORETICAL CLASSES - 5 hours of lectures during which you will meet my gathered knowledge while working with equipment, people and horses during shootings, as well as some tips on how to establish your own photography business, how to understand light, color and composition in art for improving your own photography skills, rules of capturing movement and setups for our equine models.
- SESSION I This sunrise session will be dedicated to a closer look at horses in motion. Our models of different coat collors will appear individually in different locations to study the advantages and disadvantages of different light directions and surrounding conditions.
- Breakfast break
- SESSION II While studying horse portraiture, you will learn not only how to position a horse correctly, but also how to consciously break patterns and how to make good use of the nature around us to create interesting compositions.
- Lunch break
- CONSULATIONS Preview of photos from the first session, individual tips to improve work on the equipment for a further benefits.
- SESSION III Creating rhythmic and interesting captures with couples or groups od horses in motion is difficult. During this sunset session, we will focus on perfecting these skills.
- Supper break
- SESSION IV In order to push students out of their comfort zone, I will take you on a journey to the world of light and shadow, where, under the cover of night, we will overcome our own photographic weaknesses.
- SESSION V With first rays of sun, already knowing our models, we will take our photos to another level by adding some special effects to them.
- Breakfast break
- SESSION VI Classic elegance is equated to the portraits on a black background. I will show you how to create them without owning professional studio and how to use different directions of light in an interesting way.
- SESSION VII Creating frames filled with emotion or interaction between two horses is a challenge. During this session, I will show you how to create story telling images.
- Lunch break
- SESSION VIII On our last session we will take you to unique location. This shooting will be a summary of all skills acquired during practical lessons. In this one-in-a-kind setup, I will show you how to work with our equine models in an unknown places.
- REVIEW Together, we will analyze the photos taken during our sessions and I will answer all questions about further work on these images.
- POST-PRODUCTION CLASSES During a few hours-long presentation of editing photos I will show you, step by step, my favourite tehniques and will share with you how to optimize your workflow.
- Lunch and the end of the event
- Drop-off to city of Wrocław
If you would like to see how my previuos workshops looked like from behind the scene, please take a moment to watch this clip:
Price 1450 USD includes
- Non-refundable deposit 500.00 USD
- Transfer from/to Wroclaw city
- Transport between locations
- Theoretical, practical and post-processing classes with Katarzyna
- Catered meals at duration of the event
- 3 nights accommodation at the guest house with multi-bed rooms
- Non-commercial package - use of photos for portfolio & social media.
- Cancellation & travel insurance
- Costs of arrival to/from Wroclaw
- Full permission to use photos taken during the workshops - pariticipants can upgrade their package for full rights for commercial usage of photos taken during this event. The cost of expanding the package is 1200$USD - this upgrade is for life-time and can be done any time before, during or after the event.
Number of participants
Maximum number of participants: 10
Out of concern for the quality of the transferred knowledge, this masterclass will be hosted for small group of students.
Taking a great care for comfort during our photo sessions and work in intimate groups is my priority.
Arrival & departure
Our first class will take place afternoon 19th of October. Please plan your arrival to Wroclaw on the Thursday 19th of October before 2pm.
Our last class will be scheduled for the morning of the 22nd of October. Please book your departure from Worclaw for Sunday the 22nd of October not ealier than 4pm.
Your pick-up and drop-off will be arranged throughout the city of Wroclaw
Please bring with you a DSLR or Mirrorless camera, 70-200mm (or simillar) & 35mm (or simillar) lenses.. Don’t forget to bring a laptop with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom software, and additional cards or external disks for storing many photos that we will take during our practices.
experience & Difficulty level
This workshop is dedicated to people who already have a basic skill in photographing. Whether you are a beginner, a hobbyist or a skilled photographer, you are more than welcome to join us - our workshop will help you find answers to your questions, guide you in developing your own creative vision and will let you to boost your portfolio.